The Tribalove Co-operative Society Presents
VENUS LOVEXPERIENCE VENUS TRANSIT ON THE 6TH JUNE.
Teenage ticket @ £50 Inc. tribalove membership for 16-18
Early Bird Tickets
£63 Inc. Tribalove Membership
Advance Tickets ONLY
Eartheart Dragon stage, Catalyst Zone, Healing Village, Lost Horizons Sauna
Venus Temple, Permaculture Garden, World shift & Avalon Rising Workshops
WIN TWO TICKETS
Raffle tickets available from the Student Support Centre
50p Each or 5 for £2.00
NASS Festival 2012
NASS is the UK’s only action sports and music festival. This festival brings together Extreme and Street Sports, including displays and competitions from skateboarders and BMX bikers. This one is for music and extreme sports lovers! Check out the festivals website www.nassfestival.com
- Festival Dates: 6th – 8th July 2012
- Location: Royal Bath & West Showground, Shepton Mallet, Somerset BA4 6QN
- Hours and Pay: 3 x 8 hour shifts (varies slightly per role, see role info sheet)
- Travel: Onsite parking available. Closest station is Castle Cary
- Accommodation: Crew camping available
- Meal provision: 1 free meal per shifts
Note: you need to be 18 years old for this role
To apply go to http://seedstaff.com/work-at-festivals
Coffee Shop Meal Deal
Any standard sandwich PLUS
Standard crisps PLUS
£1.20 bottled drink
TIME FOR YOU TO TELL US WHAT YOU THINK!
2 Student surveys are out now for you to complete in Personal Tutor Group Tutorials on Moodle/Student Voice (closing date Fri 25th May 2012).
Part-Time students, Foundation Degree and 14-16 year old students will also take part in at least one of these surveys:
1) Learner Satisfaction Survey for ALL STUDENTS whose courses/programmes are paid for by the Skills Funding Agency (government body) – your responses will result in a score which will be published on an ‘FE Choices’ website, and which is an indicator of how good the College is from the student’s point of view. You will be asked 9 key questions only.
2) Student Exit Survey – for ALL STUDENTS COMPLETING A COURSE/A LEVEL PROGRAMME THIS YEAR – this is a Strode College survey which asks various questions relating to the progress you have made, the quality of teaching and learning and what you’re planning to do next. Your feedback feeds into our quality improvement process and will be reviewed to see if there’s anything we would do differently to ensure our students get the best results possible and are well supported.
If you have any questions or comments regarding the survey process or anything else relating to learner views, feel free to contact me.
Sue Cook, Senior Quality Officer, Quality Team (Business Support) located in Professional Development Centre (PDC), B4 – Ext 541
THE STATE OF DECAY
HISTORY OF THE AVANT-GARDE
Director: Bill Morrison
UK | 2003 | Black and White | 70 minutes
with live musical accompaniment by Strode College Music Technology students
£5.00 full concessions, £4.00 Strode students
STRODE THEATRE, STREET
TUES 19 JUNE 2012,
Screening at 7.30pm
Winners of the Strode College Hairdressing Competition 2012
Modern Day Look – Level 2 Hairdressing and Barbering students
A modern day style for a young man who wants to wear the latest trendy look, using colour to enhance the cut and style.
- 1st Prize: Stylist Jess Lee from Shepton Mallet (formerly Whitsone School) and model George Lee.
- 2nd Prize: Stylist Aiden Fisher from Cheddar and model Stuart Thorne.
- 3rd Prize: Stylist Kate Owen from Shepton Mallet and model Ivor Edwards.
1960s Beehive Look – Level 1 and 2 Hairdressing students
Hair dressed up with ornamentation, taking inspiration from the 1960s Beehive.
- 1st Prize: Stylist Laura Whitcombe from Street (formerly Crispin School) and model Zoe McFarlane
- 2nd Prize: Stylist Sarah Brown from Bridgwater and model Karen Meek
Hollywood Red Carpet Look – Level 1 and 2 Hairdressing students
Hair dressed, with ornamentation, taking inspiration from models and actresses who walk the red carpet at film premiers.
- 1st Prize: Stylist Georgia Oliver from Stoke-sub-Hamdon near Yeovil (formerly Stanchester Academy) and model Mimi Sneddon
- 2nd Prize: Stylist Emma Coleman from Wells (formerly Crispin School) and model Savannah Tucker
- 3rd Prize: Stylist Karen Adams from Bridgwater and model Emma Lang
Cats the Musical Look – Level 1 and 2 Hairdressing students
Using creativity, imagination and colour, hair to be styled taking inspiration from ‘Cats’ the musical.
- 1st Prize: Stylist Stefano Fauceglia from Barton St David (formerly Crispin School) and model Candice Langstaff
- 2nd Prize: Stylist Kayley Govier from Street (formerly Crispin School) and model Charlotte Carpenter
- 3rd Prize: Stylist Kylie Davis from Glastonbury (formerly Crispin School) and model Kirsty Haskins
Pop Icon Look – Level 2 Hairdressing and Barbering students
Hair to be coloured and styled to create the look of a pop icon from any decade.
- 1st Prize: Stylist Sophie Chapell from Yeovil (formerly Westfield School) and model Sammy Veal
- 2nd Prize: Stylist Lorna Moule from Bridgwater and model Sophie Jones
- 3rd Prize: Stylist Sarah Elwood from Baltonsborough and model Alana Cross
Avant Garde Cat Walk Look – Level 3 Hairdressing students
Hair to be coloured and styled with ornamentation and clip extensions to create an outrageous, individual fantasy look that would interest designers, gain media attention and inspire other hairdressers.
- 1st Prize: Stylist Kelly Smith from Somerton and model Hayley Davies
- 2nd Prize: Stylist Tanya Cook from Somerton (formerly Huish Episcopi School) and model Sophie Groves
- 3rd Prize: Stylist Nicole White from Yeovil (formerly Bucklers Mead School) and model Shannon Norman